Description: from No Risc No Fun from 9.2.2001
Categories: [EN] Eng_Interviews
Link to this article: Select all
[url=https://amigafuture.de/app.php/kb/viewarticle?a=388&sid=1c2acd7317e10620997d5d1e5e7c6999]Artikeldatenbank - Interview with Kelly Samel from Emerald Imaging[/url]
Today Fabio Trotta met Kelly Samel from Emerald Imaging. Soon they will bring us Aqua, a Myst like adventure.
1. Hi Kelly, how long are you an AMIGA User ?
I have been an Amiga user for about 7 or 8 years now. I got started in 1993/94 when my brother gave me an A500, I really liked it and have been an Amiga user ever since.
2. Tell me the reason, why are you supporting AMIGA.
I support Amiga because it is my personal favourite computer platform.
3. What are your other hobbies ?
Video games. I am a big video game fan and have owned and played a lot of different consoles through the years. I am still very much into classic video games. Sega Dreamcast is my favourite game system at the moment.
4. What machine is at your Desk ?
An A1200/060 with lots of upgrades. I also have a PC in the corner for converting exotic file formats to my Amiga and running the Amiga SDK.
5. What are your favourite games ?
Here are a few of my favourite Amiga titles in no particular order:
2. Ruff 'n' Tumble
3. Goblins 3
4. Rainbow Islands
5. Extreme Racing
7. Buggy Boy
8. Battle Squadron
9. Traps 'n' Treasures
6. How long does Emerald Imaging exists ?
Emerald Imaging has been around about 2 and a half years now, Aqua is the first commercial release.
7. Of how many persons does Emerald Imaging consist ?
There are only 3 or 4 people involved right now. This is why energy is focused on 1 quality game at a time.
8. What`s your job at Emerald Imaging ?
I am the main programmer/graphician/designer and I maintain the website.
9. At what state is Aqua and when will it be ready ?
Aqua was recently completed and is available for order right now at:
10. What about future projects ? Are there any ideas ?
I am considering doing a game featuring the "Dweebs" characters but haven't decided yet. The game would most likely be for Amiga and Amiga DE.
11. Do you think, that you are every interested in porting games from other platforms ?
Not at the moment. I am more interested in creating original games.
12. What do you think about the actual AMIGA situation ?
Well, it's really not a problem as long as people continue to enjoy using their Amigas. The new Amiga DE platform will inject a lot of new energy into the market. Emerald Imaging will be supporting the Amiga DE since it looks so fantastic.
13. Do you have any words for our readers ?
I hope you enjoy Aqua as much as I have enjoyed creating it.
Thanks for time and i´m looking forward to the release of Aqua. Good luck and much success.
You can reach Emerald Imaging online at http://browse.to/emerald
You can reach Crystal Interacive Inc. online at http://www.crystal-interactive.com