Follow-up Beta preview on the experimental project from Apollo Team working on a 68K Amiga/Apollo port of the famous Robin Hood Legend of Sherwood game, originally released for Windows PC's in 2002 and later re-released in 2012 for Linux requiring 1Ghz+ system hardware with solid video-card. Remember this is an early preview and we have still a lot of work to be done to get to a real acceptable performance and stability level.
List of major changes:
- Tuning of Main Hourglass (divider for lesser important elements)
- Tuning of Main Refresh (disabled some fancy but costly effects)
- General cleanup of all individual element Hourglass & Refresh
- Moved all static UI elements to separate PiP layer
- Created “intelligent” refresh for UI so it refresh only when there are real Updates
- Dynamic Audio slot allocation for all Sounds incl. 2D stereo effect (volume + L/R panning)
- Deleted the complete Threaded Input routines (SDL) and recreated Input from scratch
- Replaced software blitted Mousepointer with hardware Amiga pointer (to be improved later)
And a lot of minor other things
The Amiga Future 167 will be released on the 5th March.