iGame released in the Version 2.4.0.
Attention: Since this version iGame requires the NList and NListviews to be available. So, if iGame doesn't start, please check that you have this library installed on your system.
This version introduces the usage of the igame.data files. Right now the following information is used:
More information from these files will be used in the following releases. So, do not expect that the games/demos are going to be categorised by genre in this version.
* Added back the saving of the list after a scan of the repositories, which was removed in the previous releases
* Introduced the new igame.data files
* iGame uses NList now with extra columns that are sortable
* Added "Prefer igame.data" checkbox in preferences that let the user to set if the title is going to retrieved from the igame.data files or from the slave file or the folder name, like it used to work. This doesn't have any effect on non-WHDLoad items.
* Fixed the status messages which was stack with saving list message and didn't show the number of games again.
* Now the MUI changes are loaded from envarc. With MUI v5 balance size and list columns are saved there and restored the next time iGame is started
The Amiga Future 164 was released on the September 4th.