Last year we presented the Scandoubler / Flickerfixer D520 from Schubert Hardware GmbH in the Amiga Future Issue 139. Since then, the firmware has continued to evolve. Version 1.2 was recently released.
- New: "Panic Mode". With this it is possible, if your monitor cannot display a resolution, to jump directly into the 640x480 60Hz Mode by a long press on the switch. The basic settings menu is also reactivated.
- New: Overscan up to 672x520 24 bits per pixel, 800x600 in 16 bits per pixel. The previous modes 640x480, 720x576 have remained that way. All resolutions of course in 50Hz / 60Hz available.
- New: Additional resolutions 640x512, 720x480, 800x600.
- Revised: 1280x720 (now with reduced blanking).
- New: "Color Space". New menu item between VideoMode and Scanlines. This can be used to define how many bits are used to save the pixels. This is shown in text and visualized with a red frame. Possible settings per resolution: RGB16, RGB24 and YUV422.
The update is available free of charge on a1k in the corresponding topic. The device itself is still only available on request on a1k. However, alternative sales channels are being examined. The second batch is currently sold out. The production of a third batch is currently being examined
The Amiga Future 145 was released on the July 2nd.
Amiga Future News PortalBack to previous page
D520 Firmware Update
Published 11.07.2020 - 12:58 by AndreasM
Back to previous page