« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

"load error" bei wav.ladeversuch

Support DigiBooster

Moderators: G.Frank, AndreasM

sharrukin
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

"load error" bei wav.ladeversuch

Post by sharrukin »

tach.

wollte gerade mal ein wenig experimentieren, und ein wav.sample in die dbpro2.21-demo einladen.
ergebnis war: "load error"...was tun?

nebenbei:
kann mir jemand von euch ein app nennen welches wav.files zu iff.files konvertiert. vorzugsweise freeware für pc, da dort mein sample-archiv liegt.

vielen dank :)
sharrukin
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by sharrukin »

achso: hab schon mit "goldwave" rumgetestet. jedoch spielt der amiga das konvertierte sample, im "sampler" mehrere oktaven zu tief ab. :(( . :D

gibts da ne "zuverlässige" soft, die den job korrekt erledigt?

thx :)
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

sharrukin wrote:achso: hab schon mit "goldwave" rumgetestet. jedoch spielt der amiga das konvertierte sample, im "sampler" mehrere oktaven zu tief ab. :(( .
[sorry for English, but I do not speak German, used Google translation to read]

The problem with loading WAVE (and AIFF) to DigiBooster 2.x is that it ignores sample rate stored in the file headers and always assume sample rate 8363 Hz. There are a few ways to fix it:

1. You can resample the sound to 8363 Hz using some processing tool like SoX. Unfortunately it will degrade the quality (the bandwidth will be limited to 4 kHz).

2. You can load as-is and then finetune it up. It should not degrade quality so much.

About "Load error" - DigiBooster 2.x loader is very simple and does not follow chunk structure of RIFF file. If it finds an unexpected chunk, it fails. There is also some length limit.
daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

krashan wrote:
sharrukin wrote: About "Load error" - DigiBooster 2.x loader is very simple and does not follow chunk structure of RIFF file. If it finds an unexpected chunk, it fails. There is also some length limit.
Lenght limit? I never tested but the ad tells that the amount of memory is the limit for samples.
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

daxb wrote:Lenght limit? I never tested but the ad tells that the amount of memory is the limit for samples.
I've tried to load 40 MB sample having 370 MB of free memory and loading failed...
sharrukin
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by sharrukin »

krashan wrote:
sharrukin wrote:achso: hab schon mit "goldwave" rumgetestet. jedoch spielt der amiga das konvertierte sample, im "sampler" mehrere oktaven zu tief ab. :(( .
[sorry for English, but I do not speak German, used Google translation to read]

The problem with loading WAVE (and AIFF) to DigiBooster 2.x is that it ignores sample rate stored in the file headers and always assume sample rate 8363 Hz. There are a few ways to fix it:

1. You can resample the sound to 8363 Hz using some processing tool like SoX. Unfortunately it will degrade the quality (the bandwidth will be limited to 4 kHz).

2. You can load as-is and then finetune it up. It should not degrade quality so much.

About "Load error" - DigiBooster 2.x loader is very simple and does not follow chunk structure of RIFF file. If it finds an unexpected chunk, it fails. There is also some length limit.

oh, what a pitty.
i dont want to screw on the wav-files any more, after they are placed on the amiga in dbpro... that would take too long time for me.
but maybe the programmer can fix this issue.
load in and ready to use. thats how it should be...

so long, no reason to buy this software for the moment. for me, of course.

greets
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

sharrukin wrote:but maybe the programmer can fix this issue.
load in and ready to use. thats how it should be... so long, no reason to buy this software for the moment. for me, of course.
It is fixed already in DigiBooster 3. Too bad it is not yet available (just watch progress reports from APC&TCP).