« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon WhatsApp
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

How Configure roadshow with Plip Box

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

Benz

How Configure roadshow with Plip Box

Post by Benz »

Hello i have plipbox of Lallafa project on arduino microcontroller , thats work great with miami stack but , i wish buy of roadshow stack and question is
how configure this stack with this interfaces but i testing demo-roadshow and
i have problem with config this stack

Miami have GUI , roadshow dont have GUI and ths is problem :) how this stack configured
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: How Configure roadshow with Plip Box

Post by olsen »

Benz wrote:Hello i have plipbox of Lallafa project on arduino microcontroller , thats work great with miami stack but , i wish buy of roadshow stack and question is
how configure this stack with this interfaces but i testing demo-roadshow and
i have problem with config this stack

Miami have GUI , roadshow dont have GUI and ths is problem :) how this stack configured
I don't know if the driver update prompted by the DHCP bug fix is already available. If not, wait until it is or you may have to work out a handful of workarounds to get Roadshow to support the current driver. Which includes setting up routes, DNS servers and a static IP address for your system. I would not recommend that.

Let's say you have the latest "plipbox.device" installed, then you might (with the help of a text editor) be able to proceed as follows:

- Install Roadshow if you have not done so already. The demo version should do just fine: what is explained below works for the commercial version, too.
- In the Workbench, open your boot volume (it's often labeled "System" or "Workbench": this is the volume your system starts from when you turn on your computer) by double-clicking on its icon.
- In the drawer that opens, find the drawer labeled "Storage". Double-click on that drawer, so that it opens.
- In the drawer "Storage" find the drawer labeled "NetInterfaces". Double-click on that drawer, so that it opens.
- In the drawer "NetInterfaces" click once on the icon labeled "A2065" (or any other file you can find quickly; it does not matter which file you choose, just make sure that you stick with the file)
- Make a copy of that file by pressing the Amiga+C keys. This should produce a file called "Copy_of_A2065".
- Rename "Copy_of_A2065" to "plipbox" by pressing the Amiga+R keys, then enter the new name.
- With the "NetInterfaces" drawer still open, go back to the boot volume and find the drawer labeled "Devs". Double-click on it to open it.
- In the "Devs" drawer, find the drawer labeled "NetInterfaces" and keep it visible.
- Click once on the "plipbox" icon, keep holding down the left mouse button and drag the "plipbox" icon into the "NetInterfaces" drawer found inside the "Devs" drawer.
- Open your text editor of choice, then proceed to load the file "DEVS:NetInterfaces/plipbox"
- Find the line which starts with "device=", which should be very close to the beginning of the file.
- Change the line to read "device=plipbox.device" (note: do not type the double-quotes, just what's in between them). This should change the line from "device=a2065.device" to "device=plipbox.device".
- Save your changes back to disk.
- Restart your Amiga

This should do the trick (I hope!). It's what I would do.

If you have any questions regarding the procedure, please ask!
Last edited by olsen on 06.05.2013 - 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Benz

Post by Benz »

thanks but this is not all , stack not work whit this instructions
i have static ip adress no dhcp
my device in devs: is magplip.device , config is in envarc:sana2:magplip.config
in netinferaces copy icon for example "A2065" and rename for 'magplip.config"
done and than edit and change name device in line 'device=magplip.config'

in miami i muss add manual DNS in database and Static IP amiga
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

Benz wrote:thanks but this is not all , stack not work whit this instructions
i have static ip adress no dhcp
Oh well, then it's going to be harder for you.

If you must use static addresses, could you tell me which you would be using? That would include: default gateway address, DNS server addresses, your static IP address of choice and subnet mask for the gateway address and that static IP address.

If you can tell me as much, I may be able to describe in brief how you would go about modifying the "plipbox" configuration file to make it work for you.
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

Benz wrote: my device in devs: is magplip.device , config is in envarc:sana2:magplip.config
This needs to be changed.

- Please rename the config file in DEVS:NetInterfaces to "magplip". Do not use "magplip.config", as it is almost too long (15 characters per network interface name are permitted). Also, it's easy to talk about "magplip.config" and confuse the file in "ENVARC:sana2" with the Roadshow configuration file. Keeping the names different avoids that.
- In the "magplip" configuration file just mentioned, the line must read "device=magplip.device" as it has to reference the name of the network driver, not the name of the configuration file.
Benz

Post by Benz »

gateway 192.168.101.2
ip adress 192.168.101.1
dns 62.21.99.95
Benz

Post by Benz »

olsen wrote:
Benz wrote: my device in devs: is magplip.device , config is in envarc:sana2:magplip.config
This needs to be changed.

- Please rename the config file in DEVS:NetInterfaces to "magplip". Do not use "magplip.config", as it is almost too long (15 characters per network interface name are permitted). Also, it's easy to talk about "magplip.config" and confuse the file in "ENVARC:sana2" with the Roadshow configuration file. Keeping the names different avoids that.
- In the "magplip" configuration file just mentioned, the line must read "device=magplip.device" as it has to reference the name of the network driver, not the name of the configuration file.
sorry yes my mistake , i change magplip.device :)
Benz

Post by Benz »

roadshow is work ;:) thanks for help
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

Benz wrote:roadshow is work ;:) thanks for help
Wow, that was quick! Did you really set up everything already, including the default route and the DNS servers?
Benz

Post by Benz »

yes, everything typed by the the instructions in the file routes, name resolution,
and all work great