« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Trying to reach timeserver from Network-startup

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

JohnFante
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Trying to reach timeserver from Network-startup

Post by JohnFante »

I am trying to set my internal clock (do not have hardware RTC) via the network-startup file but can not get it to work.

I have added:

Code: Select all

WAIT 50
Run >NIL: C: rentp -o120 0.dk.pool.ntp.org
after

AddNetInterface DEVS:NetInterface ... and so on in the Network-Startup file. I have seen that done that way elsewhere.

Previously I had the rentp command in my startup-sequence (without the wait) but I have added a Vampire (:-)) to my A600 and it simply runs too fast for the network to initialise probably before the OS starts up. That gave me some intuition errors that I solved by adding a Run >NIL: before the Execute S:Network-Startup to let it run its cause seperately.

Any suggestions to how I can pull time from a timeserver via the Network-Startup file so that internet is up and running before I pull the time?[/code]
Thomas
Amiga Future Redaktion
Amiga Future Redaktion

Post by Thomas »

There must not be a space character between C: and rentp. If it is present in your original network-startup, too, then it's causing your failure.

If it still does not work, remove that >NIL: and post the error message.

If the window closes too fast to read the message add

ask "press enter"

between loadwb and endcli in startup-sequence.
JohnFante
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by JohnFante »

Thank you! for your suggestions! :-)

There was no space between c: and rentp.

However, I found the solution in the Startup-Sequence. Apparently I only had to set a "Run >NIL:" before "Execute S:Network-Startup" when I did not have anything after.

I have - since I first installed and 'fixed' Roadshow - installed WBDock. I have a Run >NIL ahead of a command executing that in the Startup-Sequence (after Roadshow) to secure that it starts up on WB (maybe there is a better way?).

Now there is no need for NIL: etc. in Network-Startup. Just a plain: C:rentp and so on.

Thank you for your time!