« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Roadshow and Ami-ITX network adapter

Support Roadshow

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

jdryyz
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Roadshow and Ami-ITX network adapter

Post by jdryyz »

Hello.

I have installed this card into my A2000. I am told it is a clone of the Ariadne Zorro II card designed to fit the form factor of the Amy-ITX board.

I have Roadshow 1.13 installed under OS 3.1.4. I have used this successfully with my PCMCIA adapter in an A1200.

Both ariadne and ariadne II drivers were tried.

The moment I launch the Network-Startup script, my Amiga GURUs.

Any idea what might be wrong? SysInfo sees the card.

jdryyz
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Re: Roadshow and Ami-ITX network adapter

Post by jdryyz »

In order to help me troubleshoot this, I decided to install another TCP/IP stack. One that was freely available and would not interfere with Roadshow (no common files).

The Genesis Demo was installed successfully. I ran the Wizard and chose the ariadne_ii.device driver (downloaded from this site https://amiga.resource.cx/exp/ariadne2 by the way).

Attached are the results of the setup. This might be useful for those in the know. A hardware problem perhaps?

I know the network connection is good because I am borrowing it from an adjacent PC box. :). The cable is CAT5e and is connected to a NetGear Gigabit switch.

At least the software is reporting a MAC address which tells me it is communicating with the card.

I believe this also confirms that the ariadne_ii.device is the correct driver for this card because the Wizard did not do anything at all when I chose the ariadne.device.