« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Logitech keyboard problem

Support CygnusEd

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

Severin
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Logitech keyboard problem

Post by Severin »

I've recently bought a cordless usb logitech keyboard and mouse set, the problem is it doesn't have a right windows key and for some strange reason the 'menu' key sends the standard usb 'application key' code (0x65) not the 'menu key' code (0x76).

kbddev_norwin=1 does nothing because of the strange mapping but using 'setenv usb/hid.keyboard/rgui 0x00070065' gets it working properly with all programs except CygnusEd.

Whenever I try to use the 'right-amiga' key the document is cleared or if I've high lighted some text that is cleared.
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Logitech keyboard problem

Post by olsen »

Severin wrote:I've recently bought a cordless usb logitech keyboard and mouse set, the problem is it doesn't have a right windows key and for some strange reason the 'menu' key sends the standard usb 'application key' code (0x65) not the 'menu key' code (0x76).

kbddev_norwin=1 does nothing because of the strange mapping but using 'setenv usb/hid.keyboard/rgui 0x00070065' gets it working properly with all programs except CygnusEd.

Whenever I try to use the 'right-amiga' key the document is cleared or if I've high lighted some text that is cleared.
I'm not sure what I could do here. If the keyboard device produces data which confuses the editor's processing code, undefined behaviour will result. If you can, please capture exactly which raw key sequence is sent (there should be program up on Aminet called "KeysPlease" which could help).
Severin
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by Severin »

keysplease says the key is returning 103 (0x67) as it should.
Elwood
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Post by Elwood »

This is the same problem I have here. It's a Logitech keyboard too.

What I wonder is what CED does that other don't i.e. only CED have such problem :-/
--
Philippe "Elwood" Ferrucci