« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Swiss Army Knife Utilities

Alles über programmieren am Amiga, Pegasos, Aros...

Moderator: AndreasM

mritter0
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Swiss Army Knife Utilities

Post by mritter0 »

My name is Mark Ritter. Back in the 1990s, and still today, I went by 'mritter'. During high school and college I wrote a collection of utilities I called "Swiss Army Knife Utilities". These small but useful programs were my way of teaching myself C and good coding practices.

As with many of us, when the Amiga "died" we had to move on to Windows. So I sold my Amiga system, books, disks, everything. Then I bought my first Windows computer.

But before I did that, I uploaded the latest versions of my programs and the source code to Aminet. I wanted people to learn from my source code. I spent 6 years programming on my Amigas. Loved every minute of it.

I uploaded the programs and source code to Aminet on June 6, 1996.

Now, 17 years later, I have started to program again in C for Windows. But, all I can think about is my Amiga programming days. So I started to Google my programs. I found most of them on Aminet still. But I can not find any of my source code. This is where I need your help.

I am hoping someone out there has a copy of my source code, or knows of a site that has it still as a download. Google is not much help. Aminet doesn't have the source code, just my programs.

I am pleading for help. I really want to find my source code so I can get started programming for the Amiga again. And take that knowledge and apply towards my Windows C programming.

This means the world to me!

Here is a list of my programs:

Tabulator 1.2
Universal Translator 1.8
Version Handler 1.1
Screen Mug Shot 1.1
Sound Player 1.2
Printer Spooler 1.3
CxPx 1.0
Conundrum 1.3
Icon Copier 1.1
Monitor 1.7
Monitor II 1.0
Intuitive DMS 1.6
Shell Menus 3.0
Tool Type Editor 1.4
Audible Illusions 1.3
Optimus View
Retina FLImation
Mega Conundrum 1.0

On Aminet, do a search for 'SAKU-V' or 'Mark Ritter' or 'mritter'.

Maybe you have used some of these utilities back in the day. They made on to Fred Fish disks, several magazines with disks, etc. I hope you found them useful.

Please reply here or contact me directly if you have or know of any of the source code archives for my programs.

Thank you from the bottom on my Commodore heart!
Amiga_4000
Amiga Future Redaktion
Amiga Future Redaktion

Post by Amiga_4000 »

Nice to meet you here, of course know some of your programs

If the source codes have ever been available in aminet, they may be on old aminet discs (CD)?
Then the chance is good to find them again

I make "backup" of Aminet since 1998 or so to my hdd, but sadly can't find the source codes there :(

Be invited also to www.a1.org forum, there also are many known users and programmers there
Possible someone there can help you?

Andy
mritter0
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Post by mritter0 »

Good to hear you know of my programs. You never really know how popular they are/were.

I have had others search the Aminet CDs; no luck. It's strange. I know I uploaded them there before I sold my system. People say there was a big crash and some stuff was lost.

Olaf Barthel found 3 of my programs I sent him in his garage!!!!!! It's a start. I do still want to find them all.

The search goes on.

BTW, I couldn't get registered at a1k.org. I think it wants my "human" test questions to be answered in German, not English.
huepper
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by huepper »

Hi,

this is not a big problem, you can send a PM with the question. ;)
MfG

Marco 'huepper' Malz