« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

DigiBooster 3 Beta 26

Support DigiBooster

Moderators: G.Frank, AndreasM

AndreasM
Amiga Future Chefredaktion

DigiBooster 3 Beta 26

Post by AndreasM »

1) german
2) english

DigiBooster 3 Beta 26 erschienen

[pic]uploadpic.php?thumb=/2_digiboosterlogo_1.png[/pic]

Die Betaversion 26 von DigiBooster 3 wurde für 68k Amiga, AmigaOS 4 und MorphOS online gestellt.

Da es vermutlich eine der letzten Betaversionen vor dem Release ist, bitte wir alle interessierten User darum die Version so ausführlich wie möglich zu testen und sämtliche Bugreports direkt in das DigiBooster Support-Forum zu schreiben.

Die Beta 26 von DigiBooster 3 besitzt bereits alle Funktionen und wir die
Grundlage für die finale Veröffentlichung 2014 darstellen.

Diese wären:

DSP Echo, aus DigiRoller bereits bekannt. Das Echo ist voll kompatibel mit
DigiBooster 2.x, greift dieses mal jedoch nciht auf die AHI Einstellungen
zurück, somit immer verfügbar. Neue zusätzliche Effekte 'V20' und 'V21'
ermöglichen die Echo Parameter für jede Spur.

Phaseverschiebungen für Stereo-Panorama. Ebenfalls in DigiRoller
demonstriert.

Neuer Hüllkurven-Editor. Statt wie im DigiBooster 2.x im Hauptfenster
eingebettet, nun viel größer und zeigt Lautstärke- und Überblendregler. Dei
Größe ist einstellbar

Der Mixer (Modul-Renderer) ist AHI unabhängig. Abmischen von Frequenzen von
8 kHz bis 192 kHz. Volle 24-Bit-Ausgabe, schreibt WAVE-oder AIFF-Dateien.
Volume Boost bis zu 48 dB (mit harten Begrenzer) mit optionaler Autoboost
Berechnung. Wird im Hintergrund in eigenem Prozess ausgeführt.

24 weitere voll dokumentierte ARexx Befehle.

Fehlender 'E40' Effekt implementiert, 'Gxx' Effekt korrigiert.

Diverse kleine Fehlerbereinigungen und Verbesserungen. Siehe 'Changelog'

http://www.digibooster.de

DigiBooster 3 Beta 26 released

[pic]uploadpic.php?thumb=/2_digiboosterlogo_1.png[/pic]

The beta version 26 of DigiBooster 3 for 68k Amiga, AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS was published online.

Since it is probably one of the last beta versions before the final release, we invite every user to test and report the version as detailed as possible and write all bug reports directly to the DigiBooster support forum.

Beta 26 of DigiBooster 3 has all the key features in place and will be the basis of the public release of the program planned in 2014. Major features added since latest public beta 22 are:

DSP echo engine, already demonstrated in DigiRoller. The echo is
fully compatible with DigiBooster 2.x, but this time it does not
depend on AHI settings, so it is always processed. Additionally new
effects 'V20' and 'V21' allow for independent echo parameters for each
single track.

Phase augmented stereo panorama. This has been demonstrated in
DigiRoller as well. Small phase shifts added when setting stereo
panorama improve sound positioning and overall sound space experience.

New envelope editor. Unlike DigiBooster 2.x, it is embedded in the
main window, so it is much larger and shows both volume and panning
envelopes on one diagram, so it is easier to design combined effects.
Diagram width is adjustable, so editing short envelopes is now easier.

Mixer (module renderer). AHI independent, allows for mixing
frequencies from 8 kHz to 192 kHz. Full 24-bit output available,
writes WAVE or AIFF files. Volume boost up to 48 dB (with hard
limiter) with optional autoboost calculation. Works in the background
on separate process.

24 more fully documented ARexx commands.

Implemented missing 'E40' effect, fixes in 'Gxx' effect.

Numerous small fixes and improvements, listed in the change log.

http://www.digibooster.de
Andreas Magerl
APC&TCP - Home of Amiga Future
Publisher for Amiga Software, Merchandising and many more.
http://www.apc-tcp.de - https://www.amigafuture.de - https://www.amigashop.org
lazi
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

OS4 installer

Post by lazi »

OS4 installer don't work here.

The message is:
COPYFILES: Problem with source file/drawer
[...]
in line 20

The reason is that the default theme folder doesn't have fonts folder in the archive. Copying the fonts folder from the light theme solves the problem.

Nice work! Thanks
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Re: OS4 installer

Post by krashan »

lazi wrote:OS4 installer don't work here.
Confirmed. It happens because I've just forgot that LhA by default does not archive empty directories. I've prepared a fixed archive and tested it on AmigaOS 4.1 machine. I guess it will be online today. Thanks for the report.
AndreasM

Post by AndreasM »

The new AmigaOS 4 Demo are online
Andreas Magerl
APC&TCP - Home of Amiga Future
Publisher for Amiga Software, Merchandising and many more.
http://www.apc-tcp.de - https://www.amigafuture.de - https://www.amigashop.org
daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

To install DBP3 isn`t necessary (one exe file!). At least I would never run the installer. Themes work also without run installation script. I`ve not checked (the install script looks like this), but if it is necessary to copy themes fonts to fonts: folder this should changed. DBP3 should find the fonts in the themes folder.

You can choose themes in configuration but it seems not possible to go back to no theme. Delete the config file isn`t a good solution. I would vote for an "empty" theme in the drop down menu.

The default hotkeys seems not the same as in DBP2 or Protracker compatible. The default hotkeys shouldn`t be different.

There isn`t a german catalog file in the archive (no problem so far) but I`ve one from an older version: digibooster3.catalog 0.22. However, if a catalog for the final release is add this should be "fixed". E.g. pattern = Muster is bad. Pattern should be pattern. Track = Titel is wrong. In german it is Spur but better is Track. Keyboard = Klaviatur is bad too. Better is Tastatur or just Keyboard. There is some more stuff. Sometimes it is better to do not translate. For example I would prefer Speed instead of Geschwindigkeit. Maybe there is no need for any translation. :)

What about a config setting for automatic volume boost after loading a module? Similar to the one in the Mixer. So you don`t have to change volume each time you load a module. This was always stupid in DBP2.
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

daxb wrote:Themes work also without run installation script. I`ve not checked (the install script looks like this), but if it is necessary to copy themes fonts to fonts: folder this should changed. DBP3 should find the fonts in the themes folder.
It is not that easy. Themes also have bitmaps and MUI imagery. As MUI always resolves assigns like "PROGDIR:" to absolute paths, these files cannot be stored with the program, but in some fixed location (currently it is "SYS:Prefs/Presets/DigiBooster3/"). As for fonts, they are accessed by MUI, so again they must be on "FONTS:" path, which is not exactly the same for the three supported systems (also note how AmigaOS 4 makes the problem even more complex by introducing multiple font files for multiple codepages).
daxb wrote:You can choose themes in configuration but it seems not possible to go back to no theme. Delete the config file isn`t a good solution. I would vote for an "empty" theme in the drop down menu.
As I've recently learned how to generate MUI *.cfg and *.prefs files dynamically, it would be possible soon to have "Empty" theme.
daxb wrote:The default hotkeys seems not the same as in DBP2 or Protracker compatible. The default hotkeys shouldn`t be different.
They are compatible, where possible. As Protracker and DBPro 2.x read keyboard at low level, they make tricks like using "Amiga" keys as real keys, not qualifiers. MUI application cannot do it, so "Amiga" key is used only for main menu items. Then, default (or even user configured) keys cannot be 100% compatible with Protracker and DigiBooster Pro 2.x. Hovewer if you find some keys that can be made more compatible (so not use qualifiers as plain keys, and not abuse "Amiga" keys), let me know.
daxb wrote:There isn`t a german catalog file in the archive (no problem so far) but I`ve one from an older version: digibooster3.catalog 0.22.
Note that this catalog is unofficial, done by some user by scanning the executable file, hence incomplete. Official German translation will be done by APC&TCP staff, so native German speakers. As I do not speak German, I can't discuss proper translation :-). And of course you can always create own version, or just delete the catalog file and have the program interface in English.
daxb wrote:What about a config setting for automatic volume boost after loading a module?
Can be added, however it should be noted that autoboosting can take some time on slower machines. I have some modules where it takes more than 10 seconds on 1.67 GHz machine. Anyway - as an optional feature - why not.
daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

krashan wrote:Can be added, however it should be noted that autoboosting can take some time on slower machines. I have some modules where it takes more than 10 seconds on 1.67 GHz machine. Anyway - as an optional feature - why not.
Then it might be not so good to use the current autoboost. Maybe it is enough to set volume dependant to amount of used channels.
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

daxb wrote:Then it might be not so good to use the current autoboost. Maybe it is enough to set volume dependant to amount of used channels.
Seems simple, but it will be based on guessing. DigiBooster 3 mixes in a way that full amplitude on all the tracks gives 0 dB, regardless of number of tracks. It is true that more tracks means less chance that all are simultaneously fully driven. On the other hand it depends on particular module. Then applying some fixed table may lead to overdrive.

I have another idea. We can store user boost in the module and restore it when loading.
daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

Yes, I know that assign volume boot with channel number is guessing and it won`t fit always. The idea comes from HippoPlayer where for PS3M mixing a prefs file (HippoPlayer.PS3M) is used. There the user can set for channel 1-32 = "priority", "playing mode", "volume boost" and "mixing rate". Further settings for specific modules. DBP2 its autoboost isn`t perfect, but better then nothing IMHO.
krashan wrote:I have another idea. We can store user boost in the module and restore it when loading.
Don`t you have to change module format for this? And if user boost is stored in the module will it always fit on different systems with different Audio settings?

What about other PC Tracker. How do they handle it. Maybe you can take a good solution from there.

Load instrument:
If I load a sample I get each time following error message: "GETSAMPLEUSAGE 1: Fehler 10." or "GETSAMPLEUSAGE 2: Fehler 10." After that sample can used as normal.
The default is that the window close after laoding a sample. It would be better it won`t close after loading. At least a user config switch for this behaviour would be nice. It is planed to expand loading samples with more features (for better sample pool handling)?
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

daxb wrote:The idea comes from HippoPlayer where for PS3M mixing a prefs file (HippoPlayer.PS3M) is used. There the user can set for channel 1-32 = "priority", "playing mode", "volume boost" and "mixing rate".
Note that I've used HippoPlayer in 1997 recently. I simply don't get the idea, some explanation is needed.
daxb wrote:Don`t you have to change module format for this?
Module format is chunk based, so extendable.
daxb wrote:And if user boost is stored in the module will it always fit on different systems with different Audio settings?
For any digital system with any audio settings full amplitude is 0 dB.
daxb wrote:If I load a sample I get each time following error message: "GETSAMPLEUSAGE 1: Fehler 10." or "GETSAMPLEUSAGE 2: Fehler 10." After that sample can used as normal.
True, this is AmigaOS 3 specific bug. Already fixed for the next beta.
daxb wrote:The default is that the window close after laoding a sample. It would be better it won`t close after loading.
So what operation do you want to perform after instrument is loaded? This is just a filerequester and filerequester closes after clicking "Load". It won't change.
daxb wrote:It is planed to expand loading samples with more features (for better sample pool handling)?
Name these features?