« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

DBM0 format specification update.

Support DigiBooster

Moderators: G.Frank, AndreasM

daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

1xx and 2xx are also different in DBP2 and PT. I don`t know if there were more issues.
Saga

Post by Saga »

Well, is there any documentation about how they work exactly then?

Edit: After some quick comparisons, 1xx and 2xx appear to work the same as in MOD, just 3xx is different. 3xx is apparently applied on every tick, while in MOD it's only applied on all ticks but the first.
daxb
AFF Profi
AFF Profi

Post by daxb »

1xx and 2xx are faster in DBP2 compared to PT.
Saga

Post by Saga »

Cannot confirm. I did compare normal MOD playback and DBPro 2.21 (unregistered) output and it did sound identical. The only difference is at a tick speed of 1, where no portamento happens in MOD at all, but in DBPro it is executed.
Saga

Post by Saga »

Is there any documentation on how 4xx exactly works in DBPro? The vibrato depth seems to be approximately half of the depth of PT-compatible vibrato, but not quite.

Also, related to my efforts here, is there a way to get a registered DBPro 2.21 version for player developers for free? Obviously I am not interested in using DBPro as a musician, but I'd appreciate the ability to actually save my test cases in DBM format so that I can quickly compare OpenMPT's output vs. DBPro. I am certainly not going to pay for that.
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Post by krashan »

Saga wrote:Is there any documentation on how 4xx exactly works in DBPro?
If you mean DigiBooster Pro 2.x, there is the source code of replayer. It is wrtitten entirely in M68k assembler, but readable. The source was released to the public, if you can't find it, I can provide a copy.

As for DigiBooster 3, vibrato uses precalculated table of sine containing 64 values (one full period). Every table item contains tone deviation in 1/8 of halftone units, which is multiplied by depth parameter and scaled. Vibrato speed parameter is just increment value of the table index, applied every tick. I can give precise formulas if needed.
Saga wrote:Also, related to my efforts here, is there a way to get a registered DBPro 2.21 version for player developers for free?
This is a question to APC&TCP, I guess AndreasM can answer this.
Saga

Post by Saga »

I found the DBPro 2 replaying routines, but I am not very knowledgeable in M68k assembler (and assembler in general), and since the important parts of the code that I looked to were not documented at all, I was asking here since clearly someone else should know much better what the code is doing. :)
AndreasM
Amiga Future Chefredaktion
Amiga Future Chefredaktion

Post by AndreasM »

Saga wrote:I found the DBPro 2 replaying routines, but I am not very knowledgeable in M68k assembler (and assembler in general), and since the important parts of the code that I looked to were not documented at all, I was asking here since clearly someone else should know much better what the code is doing. :)
write please a email to me with what you would make and what you need
Andreas Magerl
APC&TCP - Home of Amiga Future
Publisher for Amiga Software, Merchandising and many more.
http://www.apc-tcp.de - https://www.amigafuture.de - https://www.amigashop.org