« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

CED mouse blanker ignores absolute mouse movements

Support CygnusEd

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

patrik
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

CED mouse blanker ignores absolute mouse movements

Post by patrik »

I am controlling most of my computers using Synergy. On the Amigas, I run SynergyClient, which I am the author of.

The normal Synergy operating mode is that you just drag the mouse freely between the different computer screens as they would have been one computer with several screens. This depends on absolute positioning and SynergyClient will receive absolute positions from the Synergy server and forward these as absolute mouse events (IECLASS_POINTERPOS) to input.device.

This generally works fine, but some software ignores these absolute events.

CED is one of those, more specifically its mouse blanker functionality. It won't deactivate by IECLASS_POINTERPOS events, so after you start typing, you cannot move the mouse to make the mouse pointer re-appear. Pressing a mouse button works.

It gets very disturbing when you move to another computer screen after activating the CED mouse blanker as you will not see the mouse pointer when re-entering the Amiga screen, so you have no idea when the Amiga screen comes in focus.

Right now I have added a workaround for this in SynergyClient where it sends one dummy relative mouse event (IECLASS_RAWMOUSE) with zero movement after entering the screen, so you at least are guaranteed to see when you enter the Amiga screen after using CED.

This of course doesn't solve the issue that CED fails to deactivate the mouse blanker by mouse movements when you are on the Amiga screen.
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: CED mouse blanker ignores absolute mouse movements

Post by olsen »

patrik wrote: 15.09.2019 - 13:47 ..
Right now I have added a workaround for this in SynergyClient where it sends one dummy relative mouse event (IECLASS_RAWMOUSE) with zero movement after entering the screen, so you at least are guaranteed to see when you enter the Amiga screen after using CED.

This of course doesn't solve the issue that CED fails to deactivate the mouse blanker by mouse movements when you are on the Amiga screen.
Sorry, my forum change notifications haven't worked well since the forum was updated :-(

I'm making a note to update the input handler to deal with IECLASS_POINTERPOS. Never thought it would come in handy ;-)