« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

CygnusED 5 Mousepointer blank

Support CygnusEd

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

cptdark
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

CygnusED 5 Mousepointer blank

Post by cptdark »

Hello.

CygnusED 5 has problems when blanking the mousepointer. (see picture)

This happens in 90% of all starts. Whether started immediately after system start or later. Also boot (from HD) without startup sequence and manual start from CLI shows the same behavior.
Without FastRAM it doesn't seem to occur. (Start of NoFastMem before)

The corrupt image is always at the same position.

System: A1200 with ACA1234 (68030/50MHz, 128 MB FastRAM, Indivision MK3, Screenmode 640x512, 8 Colors)
Attachments
1646572849751.jpg
1646572849751.jpg (88.13 KiB) Viewed 3199 times
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: CygnusED 5 Mousepointer blank

Post by olsen »

cptdark wrote: 02.04.2022 - 12:01 Hello.

CygnusED 5 has problems when blanking the mousepointer. (see picture)

This happens in 90% of all starts. Whether started immediately after system start or later. Also boot (from HD) without startup sequence and manual start from CLI shows the same behavior.
Without FastRAM it doesn't seem to occur. (Start of NoFastMem before)
I have already fixed that particular bug, as well as the other one which concerned scrolling leaving artefacts behind if the block mark option was active.

The sprite corruption appears to be a unrelated to fast memory being available or unavailable. There was a typo in the code which replaces the mouse pointer with a transparent sprite to the effect that moving the mouse sprite corrupted itself. Sorry about that :( Sometimes bugs are nearly invisible, just like a transparent sprite.
my_pc_is_amiga
AFF Anwärter
AFF Anwärter

Post by my_pc_is_amiga »

Thanks Olsen! I also was having some issue with the mouse pointer in CED -- attaching image. Glad this is getting fixed. It was somewhat hard to reproduce at times for me. At some point in the past when i saw this several years ago I was starting to think my hardware was going bad...

When will there be a CED update with those fixes? :)
Attachments
IMG_1934.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG (97.66 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Post by olsen »

my_pc_is_amiga wrote: 24.07.2022 - 21:25 Thanks Olsen! I also was having some issue with the mouse pointer in CED -- attaching image. Glad this is getting fixed. It was somewhat hard to reproduce at times for me. At some point in the past when i saw this several years ago I was starting to think my hardware was going bad...
Mind you, the sprite display getting corrupted can be a hardware issue. This is what "killed" my Amiga 500 back in 1990. It was one of the first batch produced (red keyboard LED) and was barely three years old.
When will there be a CED update with those fixes? :)
Soonish, I hope. There's a lot of stuff I am currently tinkering with for release, and I'm also behind on answering forum questions for Roadshow. The heat isn't helping, slowing me down. But my summer holidays are coming up first week of August. I hope to get some of the long delayed work finished. Fingers crossed! :)