« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Bugs... or features? ;-)

Support CygnusEd

Moderators: AndreasM, olsen

AmiSpaTra
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Bugs... or features? ;-)

Post by AmiSpaTra »

1. The commercial CD-ROM don't include the RecoverCEDFiles.ct file.

2. Cygnus Ed don't support some keys
as shortcuts like ç, ¿ or ñ (probably not english characters)? Can you modify this behaviour?

3. Cycle colors don't work as
previous versions... don't work at realtime
(I need to reopen the menus for to see the changes).

P.S. Checked over WinUAE 1.3.3 and OS3.9
olsen
CygnusEd Developer

Re: Bugs... or features? ;-)

Post by olsen »

Dámaso Domínguez wrote:1. The commercial CD-ROM don't include the RecoverCEDFiles.ct file.
This will be addressed in the next update, which will also include updated source code and catalogs. I also intend to create a new CD-ROM master ISO image so that future releases will ship with the most up to date distribution files included.
2. Cygnus Ed don't support some keys
as shortcuts like ç, ¿ or ñ (probably not english characters)? Can you modify this behaviour?
No, I think some of them cannot be used for technical reasons. I'm not sure about the C with the cedilla and the inverted question mark, but the N with the tilde is a composite letter created by hitting two keys in a row to produce it. This involves the use of what in AmigaOS is called a "dead key". And you cannot map these to single key invocation macros. You might be able to map them to multiple key invocation macros, though. I haven't tested this.
3. Cycle colors don't work as
previous versions... don't work at realtime
(I need to reopen the menus for to see the changes).
Could you be more specific? The cycle colours code is still the same it always used to be, but (naturally) it only works well on screens which use a colour palette.
AmiSpaTra
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Re: Bugs... or features? ;-)

Post by AmiSpaTra »

You said...

[not english characters as shortcuts]
No, I think some of them cannot be used for technical reasons. I'm not sure about the C with the cedilla and the inverted question mark,
The "¡" and "¿" are allocated in the spanish keyboard offered by the AmigaOS over the "1" and "2" keys. I would like to imitate the shortcut selection used for the english version... but if this is not posible, I will think other solution :cry:.

[rotate colours]
Could you be more specific?
Of course... I press the shortcut some times and I see none (the colours seems don't change).
I only see the effect (partial) when I try to use the pulldown menu, the screen scrolls or I use the scroll bar.

The cycle colours code is still the same it always used to be, but (naturally) it only works well on screens which use a colour palette.
Ahhhh... I use Cygnus Ed habitually under WinUAE with a 1280x800x24 (under a emulated PAL screen seems work ok).
The editor could disable this option for screen with real palette (true color) as to do when I open the Cygnus Ed window over the WB screen?

Suggestion for a future patch/release:
The editor could mark (with colors i.e.) special words (user definible list)?
This would be useful for coders for to hightlight the commands or functions.

Other option interesting would be offer match bracket function with a custom section?
I use Hisoft Basic and see some nested structs like while/wend, if/then/else, for/next... are hard sometimes.
An option for to jump to start/end the section would be great!!.