« 

Amiga Future

« 

Community

« 

Knowledge

« 

Last Magazine

The Amiga Future 167 was released on the March 5th.

More informations

« 

Service

« 

Search

Advanced search

Unanswered topics
Active topics
« 

Social Media

Twitter Amigafuture Facebook Amigafuture RSS-Feed [german] Amigafuture RSS-Feed [english] Instagram YouTube Patreon
« 

Advertisement

Amazon

Patreon

« 

Partnerlinks

Future Versions

Support DigiBooster

Moderators: G.Frank, AndreasM

djflin
Grade reingestolpert
Grade reingestolpert

Future Versions

Post by djflin »

I've recently purchased Digibooster 3 Pro, and I have to say that I love it, although I do think it would benefit from a few additional things for future versions.
Here's my list of what would make this tracker "THE" Amiga tracker.

1) I noticed that I couldn't load Stereo (44.1khz) samples, I either had to convert to mono, or load left or right. So better sample loading would be fantastic.
2) Additional effects, effects such as low pass/high pass/band pass filters - Not sure if this is possible per channel on the Amiga, as I'm no programmer, but would be great to see these (as well as phaser/flanger etc).
3) A proper mixer, yes, it would be great to have a mixer console in Digibooster, so you can control all the volumes and pan of each individual track, just makes it easier if one is playing a bit too loud.

That's all I can think of, but I think this would make digibooster3 feel more of a complete package.
krashan
Amiga Future Fan
Amiga Future Fan

Re: Future Versions

Post by krashan »

djflin wrote:I noticed that I couldn't load Stereo (44.1khz) samples, I either had to convert to mono, or load left or right. So better sample loading would be fantastic.
Proper support of stereo samples requires some nontrivial changes in the play engine of the tracker. It is planned, but will take some time.
djflin wrote:Additional effects, effects such as low pass/high pass/band pass filters - Not sure if this is possible per channel on the Amiga, as I'm no programmer, but would be great to see these (as well as phaser/flanger etc).
As DigiBooster 3 is 100% softsynth, everything is possible, but it costs CPU power. On what machine are you using it?
djflin wrote:A proper mixer, yes, it would be great to have a mixer console in Digibooster, so you can control all the volumes and pan of each individual track, just makes it easier if one is playing a bit too loud.
Sure but again it requires some changes in the play engine, so may be done together with support of stereo samples.